Vegan French Onion Dip
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil or 1/4 vegetable broth
- 1 tub (12oz) tofutti sour cream
- 1 tub (12oz) of vegan cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vegan worcestershire
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- mineral salt, to taste
- chopped parsley, to serve
Onions: Heat the oil in a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and saute for 10-15 minutes, stirring every few minutes. Add a little bit of veggie broth and let it sizzle and evaporate. Keep stirring every so often, add more liquids. After about 25 – 30 minutes, onions should be caramelized and fragrant.
Mix: Combine the vegan sour cream and vegan cream cheese with the garlic & onion powder and Worcestershire sauce. Add the onions and mix well. Taste for seasoning.
Serve: Serve topped with chopped parsley. Pair your french onion dip with chips, crackers, and/or sliced vegetables.
Makes about 2 cups.